When installing new concrete paving stones or patio stones, we highly recommend using polymeric sand in the joints. Alliance Supersand is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated sand, which protects the joints of your stones. Once water has been applied to the Supersand, it becomes very firm and locks between the paving stone joints, while still retaining flexibility to provide a long lasting, durable joint. Note: this is the newly marketed Permapro Polymeric Sand that we have carried for years, this is not a new product.
Benefits of using a polymeric sand over a regular jointing sand are:
Polymeric sand is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, and more.
- Advanced Haze Free Technology
- Waterproof Bag
- Can be used for joints up to a maximum of 1 inch (2.5 cm) and its fine gradation allows use in even the tightest joints
- Helps prevent weeds and damage caused by burrowing insects
- Helps prevent erosion due to wind, rain, and freeze thaw cycles
- Fast setting: Product sets within one hour after application of water
- Sets at above freezing temperatures (32°F/ 0°C)
- Can be applied even if rain is expected (however, minimum of 1 hour of dry weather is needed after activation)
Polymeric sand can be used to replace existing paving stone joints, however old jointing materials need to be completely cleaned out of the joints and the pavers must be completely dry before installing Supersand. However, be careful not to disturb the bedding sand under the pavers.
For information on Alliance Supersand, click here